Saturday, January 21, 2006

Focus to succeed

"Here is the prime condition of success: Concentrate your energy, thought and capital exclusively upon the business in which you are engaged. Having begun on one line, resolve to fight it out on that line, to lead in it, adopt every improvement, have the best machinery, and know the most about it."
- Andrew Carnegie

"The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want."
- Ben Stein

Last Friday I met with Frank Sousa, he is a friend I met about five years ago when I worked for a company that did web hosting for him. He mentioned to me that he was making money on line and told me a bit about it. I was impressed and interested in what he was telling me but I didn't understand more than half of it.

Now almost 5 years later and about the same amount of time struggling to make it in the internet business an idea popped into my head, why not ask Frank to help me figure this out. Show me what I am doing wrong. I know he is successful, I don't know why I didn't ask him thousands of dollars earlier.

We sat down and talked for about three hours. He pointed me the direction I should be going. He told me number one thing is "focus".

I had everything from blogs to websites to AdWord campaigns plastered all over the internet. Frank found my most valuable asset and told me to focus on it.

It is so easy to get distracted and get pulled many different directions, but you have to focus. Get it done, finish it. That's how you succeed.

Remember - FOCUS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home